How to Apply to the Special Education Program
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a graduate application to Cal Poly through Cal State Apply by the April 1st deadline (or preferably before) to be considered for the Integrated M.S. in Special Education / Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Credential Program (MS/SPED). Please visit the Cal State Apply Help Center for more information. Please note there is a $70 application fee for Cal State Apply. You will be required to upload the following to the Program Materials section of your Cal State Apply application*:
- Letter of introduction - A brief letter of introduction expressing your interest in applying to the MA/SPED. Please include your contact information at the conclusion of this letter.
- Evidence of passing Basic Skills Requirement (BSR). See the Program Prerequisites page for more details on fulfilling this requirement.
- Evidence of Subject Matter Competency: registration for the Multiple Subject CSET examination (all three subtests); if you have passed one or more subtests, please submit a copy of the results! See the Program Prerequisites page for more details on fulfilling this requirement.
- Name and email of 3 individuals to submit a letter of recommendation
- Send official transcripts to the Cal Poly Admissions Office directly from the degree-granting institution by the Cal State Apply deadline.
- All applicants must be in possession of a bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited institution at the time they begin the program.
- Instructions on how to submit your official transcripts
- Cal Poly bachelor's degree holders do not need to provide these transcripts
*Please note that all of the listed items are required to submit your application.
Cal State Apply Q&A Sessions
These sessions are designed for those with in-progress Cal State Apply applications for the upcoming application cycle. This session will not cover general program info but is only offered for current applicants ready to hit submit on their application.
Fall 2022 Special Education - Application deadline is April 1, 2021
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 1:30-2:30 PM - Register for Virtual Session