Master of Arts in Curriculum & Instruction
The M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction program is designed to support school-based educators in developing advanced knowledge and skill with research-based practices necessary to promote PK-16 students’ development of the multiple literacies needed to meet the demands of the 21st century. A program emphasis is to create a professional learning community of the school- and university-based members of the program, with a common goal of advancing teaching practice to foster student learning.
- 4 quarters of coursework, including up to 12 agreed-upon transfer units,
- A culminating action research project,
- Hybrid and online course delivery to accommodate the schedule of working professionals;
- Paths for early childhood, elementary, secondary and higher education, and
- Program faculty with expertise in classrooms.
- A teaching credential (by start of program) OR two years of PK-16 teaching experience;
- Access to an educational setting for conducting action research.