How You Can Help
Make a gift to the School of Education to support:
- Teacher Candidate Fee Relief: Teacher candidates are responsible for up to $1000 of additional out-of-pocket fees to obtain their CA teaching credential. These fees expand far beyond the tuition paid for their credential coursework. Donations can support our candidates by alleviating some of the excess stress caused by these fees.
- Equipment, Technology, and Facilities: Access to cutting-edge facilities and equipment prepare our teacher candidates to be leaders in the field of education, while also expanding possibilities for innovative projects and interdisciplinary collaboration. The School of Education boasts an Ed Tech lab and is in process of creating a counseling lab to be used by our Higher Ed Counseling and Student Affairs masters students.
- Scholarships: The School of Education can continue to attract top-notch future educators, especially from underrepresented backgrounds, by offering merit or need-based scholarships.
- Graduate Research: Support our master's students present their research at the School of Education's Graduate Research Symposium and at conferences across the country.
- Commencement: The School of Education hosts a commencement ceremony at the Performing Arts Center for graduates each year. Donations help mitigate the cost of tickets for students and help fund the event.
Learn by Doing. It's more than our motto. It is the foundation of education in Cal Poly's School of Education. It's what you experienced here, what you value in the Cal Poly alumni you've hired, or the industry partnerships you've established on campus.
It means bright, motivated students working closely with dedicated professors, doing in the laboratories and community what they study in the classroom. It is hands-on experience in real-world research that gives students the skills and confidence to become leaders in education, leadership, and counseling. It is the reason Cal Poly School of Education students thrive in this increasingly challenging and technological world.
We need your help to continue providing these Learn by Doing opportunities. Your support makes a tremendous difference to the next generation of teachers, administrators, counselors, and the community at large.