Single Subject Credential Program Completion Requirements
Applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements for the Five-Year Single Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential:
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree, except in professional education, from a regionally accredited institution
- Completion of Basic Skills Competency
- Completion of the Subject Matter Competency (CSET or Approved Subject Matter Program)
- Demonstration of knowledge of the principles and provisions of the Constitution of the United States
- POLS 112 - American & California Government, equivalent or U.S. Constitution exam offered by Cuesta College or exam offered online. Applicants who earned their bachelor's degrees at a CSU Campus will have met this requirement by virtue of their degree.
- Successful completion of Single Subject Credential Program coursework and Clinical Practice in addition to:
- Google Level 1 Certificate of Completion
- HLTH 443 - Health Education OR KINE 250 - Healthy Living OR approved equivalent (4 units)
- CPR Certification - Must include all three: adult, child, and infant training, follow the American Heart Association or American Red Cross guidelines, and be valid at the time of credential recommendation.
- Pass the Teacher Performance Assessment (EdTPA)
- Complete the SOE Exit Survey
- Submit a Credential Request Application to the School of Education
- Completion of Mandated Reporter Training
- Evidence of completion of the speaking and writing competencies requirement
- TB Clearance (current within 3 years at the time of credential recommendation)
- Rubella Clearance
For more details about these requirements, download the Credential Program Requirements & Prerequisites document.