Single Subject Credential Program Completion Requirements
Applying for a Credential
The following items must be successfully completed before the candidate can be recommended for a credential:
- Possession of a baccalaureate or higher degree other than in professional education from a regionally accredited institution
- Completion of Basic Skills Requirement
- Complete Single Subject Credential Program coursework and student teaching
- Completion of the subject matter requirement
- Complete state licensure requirement coursework
- KINE 443 - Health Education or approved equivalent (4 units)
- POLS 112 - American & California Government, equivalent or U.S. Constitution exam offered by Cuesta College. (Applicants who earned their bachelor's degrees at a CSU Campus will have met this requirement by virtue of their degree).
- CPR Certification (must include Infant, child, and adult training; online CPR certification is not acceptable).
- Demonstration of knowledge of the principles and provisions of the Constitution of the United States
- Pass the Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)
- Meet the State requirements for technology competency. All other disciplines meet this requirement in the program.
- Complete the SOE Exit Survey. You will need to print out a copy of the last page of the survey and submit it to the Credential Office (02-120) when you submit your request for the credential.
- Submit a Credential Request Form to the Credential Office (02-120) in the SOE