Single Subject Credential Program Completion Requirements
Applying for a Credential
At the completion of the program, teacher candidates will submit a Credential Request Form to the SOE Credential Office (02-120). The Credential Office will complete a Formal Evaluation to verify the following requirements have been met and the candidate can be recommended for a credential:
- Verification of all previous pre-requisites and STEP applications requirements (See How to Apply and Program Prerequisites)
- Successful completion of state licensure requirement coursework:
- KINE 443 - Health Education OR KINE 250 - Healthy Living OR approved equivalent (4 units)
- POLS 112 - American & California Government, equivalent or U.S. Constitution exam offered by Cuesta College. (Applicants who earned their bachelor's degrees at a CSU Campus will have met this requirement by virtue of their degree).
3. Successful completion of Single Subject Credential Program coursework and student teaching
4. Passing Scores on the Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) - Submit official score report to the Credential Office
5. CPR Certification - Submit Certificate of Completion that shows Infant, child, and adult training; online CPR certification is not acceptable
6. Google Level 1 - Submit Certificate of Completion
7. Mandated Reporter Training - Submit Certificate of Completion
8. Complete CSU Exit Survey - Print and submit a copy of the last page of the survey
For more details about these requirements, download the 2020 Credential Program Requirements & Prerequisites document.