HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a graduate application to Cal Poly through Cal State Apply by the deadline. Please visit the Cal State Apply Help Center for more information. You will be required to upload the following to the Program Materials section of your Cal State Apply application*:
- Cover Letter: Explain your interest in pursuing an MA in Curriculum and Instruction
- Application Essay: Please share your philosophy of teaching PK-12 students (whichever grade level you have been teaching) in no more than two double-spaced pages
- Name and email of 2 individuals to submit a letter of recommendation
- Pay the $70 application fee online
- All graduate applicants must send an official transcript to the Cal Poly Admissions Office directly from the degree-granting institution, by the program application deadline. You are encouraged to also send unofficial transcripts from ALL baccalaureate institutions where you have been enrolled. Instructions for submitting your official transcripts can be found at the following link: https://admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/graduate/transcripts.html
* Please note that all of the listed items are required to submit your application.
Before submitting your Cal State Apply Application, ensure that you have successfully completed the following:
- Cumulative higher education grade point average (GPA) 2.50 Applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 are encouraged to contact Dr. Tanya Flushman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GRE is NOT required
- We encourage ALL applicants to apply for financial aid in order to be eligible for any School of Education scholarship opportunities. You can email Cal Poly Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Curriculum & Instruction Applicants are notified of their status via email (on or around May 1st).
For assistance with the submission process, please contact the
SOE Credential Office at (805) 756-2616.