|Assessment & Accreditation Analyst
Ann serves as the Assessment & Accreditation Analyst for the Cal Poly School of Education. In this role, Ann facilitates data-driven program assessment and continuous improvement efforts across the SOE unit and for each SOE program. Current SOE assessment and accreditation efforts include:
- Accreditation by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Assessment of credential candidates, including performance assessments and fieldwork observations
- Assessment of long-term program outcomes, including completion rates and alumni in-service teachers
- Internal SOE program- and unit-level assessment of learning for ongoing reflection and continuous improvement
- Supporting assessment and reporting for SOE grant projects and programs
Prior to coming to Cal Poly, Ann served as an Assessment Specialist at the Center for Educational Effectiveness at UC Davis, where she provided coaching for faculty-initiated action research about assessment of student learning and co-created and co-facilitated a multi-year cohort-based coaching program for faculty, staff, and students on inclusive, equity-minded, and sustainable program-level assessment practices.
She holds an M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, with a concentration in curriculum design, from the Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey and taught post-secondary English language learners in a wide variety of higher education contexts for over a decade. Her current research focuses generally on inclusive pedagogy and equity-centering assessment of student learning, and specifically on culturally and linguistically inclusive instruction and assessment of academic discussion skills.