- 2017 Doctor of Philosophy in Teaching and Learning from The University of Iowa
- Concentration: Mathematics Education
- 2010 Master of Arts in Education from Viterbo University
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education from The University of Iowa
- The effects of teachers’ beliefs and mathematical knowledge on classroom questioning practices
- Maximizing student engagement in making sense of mathematics
- Social Justice Education
- Jensen, J. (2019). Using Arrays to Visualize Multiplication across Grade Levels. California Mathematics Council – Communicator, 44(1), 11-13.
- Jensen, J. (2018). Ratios, Rates, Unit Rates, and Debates! Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, 24(2), 75-80.
- EDUC 435: Learning to Teach K-8 Mathematics with Diverse Populations
- EDUC 450: Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar
- EDUC 454: Clinical Practice II
- EDUC 455: Multiple Subject Clinical Practice Seminar II
- EDUC 532: Advanced Field Experiences in Education
- EDUC 535: Advanced Classroom Pedagogy in Elementary Mathematics Education