HOW TO APPLY:
1. Complete the SSTEP Application in its entirety ensuring all requirements are fulfilled, all required signatures are present, and necessary attachments are gathered. Download the application and save it to your computer before completing it.
2. Submit a Graduate application to Cal Poly as "Credential Only" for summer term online via Cal State Apply by the February 1st deadline for a summer start. Visit the Cal State Apply Help Center for more information. Please note there is a $70 application fee for Cal State Apply.
3. Upload the following requirements with the Cal State Apply application:
- SSTEP application and necessary attachments as “Supplemental Materials.”
- Issuance of Certificate of Clearance
- Evidence of Subject Matter Competency
- Evidence of passing Basic Skills Requirement (BSR)
- Name and email of 2 individuals to submit a letter of recommendation
4. Send official transcripts by February 1st to the Cal Poly Admissions office directly from the degree-granting institution.
- Instructions on how to submit your official transcripts
- Cal Poly bachelor's degree holders do not need to provide transcripts
- Transcripts verifying Community College and/or Graduate-level coursework should also be sent to Cal Poly Admissions
5. Complete Professional Aptitude Orientation 2/23 9:00-9:30 am
- You will be contacted by your content advisor after applications close (Feb 1st) with an interview date and time. Interviews will occur on 2/23 following the orientation or a nearby date.
- Download the Professional Aptitude Interview Packet and submit the required documents to your content advisor at least 1 week prior to your interview.
Please Note: The Single Subject Credential Program only starts once per year in the summer term. All applicants must submit a summer term application by the February 1st deadline and have their bachelor’s degree conferred prior to the program start in July.
|Credential Application Office hours
|These office hours will be held on Zoom and are open to anyone who would like support with credential applications. Pop in and ask your questions without having to schedule an appointment.
Tuesday, January 30 from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Program Application Q&A Sessions
These sessions are designed for those with in-progress Cal State
Apply applications for the upcoming application cycle. This session
will not cover general program info but is only offered for current
applicants ready to hit submit on their application.
Single Subject Summer 2024 - Application deadline is February 1, 2024