Credential applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements for the Five-Year Preliminary Administrative Services Credential or Certificate of Eligibility.
Individuals must satisfy all the following requirements:
- Possess a valid prerequisite credential.
- Complete a Commission-approved program of specialized and professional preparation in administrative services, including the Administrative Performance Assessment (APA), resulting in the formal recommendation of the program sponsor.
- CalAPA Testing
- Satisfy the basic skills requirement. See Commission leaflet CL-667, entitled Basic Skills Requirement, for additional information.
- Complete five years of full-time experience (see Terms and Definitions).
- Verify employment in an administrative position on form CL-777.
Credential applicants who do not have an administrative position at the time of recommendation can be recommended for a Certificate of Eligibility. The Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued to individuals who have completed a program for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential but are not currently employed in an administrative position. The Certificate of Eligibility allows the holder to seek employment in his/her area of certification.