The following items must be submitted directly to the Credential Office. Only complete application packets will be accepted. Please allow yourself ample time to review the information in this packet so that you can meet the deadlines for admission to the program in any given quarter.
- APPLICATION- The completed Application Form will be used to establish a file for the candidate. Email the completed application to email@example.com
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY- To be admitted to the program, all applicants for the Bilingual Authorization must demonstrate their language fluency by passing the CSET-Spanish Subtest III. Please note! All candidates must pass CSET Spanish, Subtest III prior to admission into the Bilingual Authorization Program.
- GPA- An overall cumulative GPA of 2.67 in the last 60 units.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION – Provide one letter that can attest to the attributes that you possess that will contribute to effective teaching or working with school aged youth. The letter may be from a work supervisor or a professor who can verify your professional abilities. Letter should be current, on letterhead , and should not be from a relative.
- WRITTEN STATEMENT – Provide 1 page, single spaced, rationale of how obtaining a bilingual authorization in Spanish would influence your work with diverse populations of children. Include specific examples.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- VALID CREDENTIAL- Provide a copy of valid California teaching credential, services credential, children’s center instructional permit, or children’s center supervision permit which authorizes the holder to provide instruction to pupils in preschool, kindergarten, any of grades 1-12 inclusive (including English learners), or classes primarily organized for adults. This may not be an intern credential, substitute, provisional, temporary, waiver, or short term permit.
- CURRENTLY ADMITTED/PLAN TO APPLY to a Single Subject, Multiple Subject or Special Education credential program at Cal Poly and requesting concurrent enrollment in the Bilingual Authorization Program.