- 2014 Doctor of Education, Teachers College, Columbia University. Specialization: Language, Literacy & Technology
- 2010 Master of Arts in International Educational Development, Teachers College, Columbia University
- 2008 Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, The University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
- 2005 Bachelor of Arts in English and Spanish, The University of Texas at Austin
- Bilingual Education & English Language Development
- Culturally and Linguistically Sustaining Pedagogy
- Translanguaging and Multimodal Practices
- Social Justice Education in and out of Schools
Diaz-Ramirez, A. & Ronan, B. (2023). Supporting critically conscious, culturally sustaining educators. Multilingual Educator. California Association of Bilingual Educators.
Navarro, O., Ronan, B., & Patron, I. R. (2022). Teacher candidates of Color experiences and perceptions of culturally responsive teaching within teacher education: “they hit the target, not the bullseye”. Journal for Multicultural Education, 16(4), 374-386.
Guise, M., Hegg, S., Ronan, B., Flushman, T., & Grant, B. (2020). Supporting emergent bilingual professional development through supervisor feedback. Journal of Educational Supervision, 3(1)
Hardigree, C. & Ronan. B. (2019). Languaging and translanguaging for English language teaching. In Goa, X. (Ed). 2nd Handbook of English Language Teaching, New York, NY: Springer.
Ronan, B. (2018). Standards-based technology integration for emergent bilinguals. Multicultural Education, 25(2), 7-12.
EDUC 433: Foundations of Bilingual Education
EDUC 423: Biliteracy Methods
EDUC 427: Theories, Methods and Assessment of First and Second Language Acquisition in Schools
EDUC 588: Education, Culture and Learning