Elizabeth J. Meyer, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Culture and Values in Education, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- M.A., Social, Cultural, and Bilingual Foundations of Education, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Bullying and harassment
- Gender and sexual diversity in schools
- Law and policy
- Critical and culturally responsive pedagogies
- Media and technology in education
- Electronic portfolios
- Meyer, E. (2009) Gender, Bullying, and Harassment: Strategies to end sexism and homophobia in schools. Teacher’s College Press: New York, NY.
- Meyer, E. (2010) Gender and Sexual Diversity in Schools. Springer: New York: NY.
- Meyer, E., Abrami, P., Wade, A., Scherzer, R. (2011) Electronic Portfolios in the Classroom: Factors Impacting Teachers’ Integration of New Technologies and New Pedagogies. Technology, Pedagogy, and Education 20(2), 191-207.
- Meyer, E. & Lesiuk, V. (2010) Subverting the Ivory Tower: Teaching through critical conversations. Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies 10(5), 394-396.
- Meyer, E. (2010) Teachers, Sexual Orientation, and the Law in Canada: A Human Rights Perspective. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues, and Ideas for Middle & High School Teachers, 83 (3), 89-95.
- Meyer, E., Abrami, P., Wade, A., Aslan, O. & Deault, L. (2010) Improving literacy and metacognition with electronic portfolios: Teaching and learning with ePEARL. Computers and Education, 55 (1), 84-91.
- Meyer, E. & Stader, D. (2009) Queer youth and the Culture Wars: From the Classroom to the Courtroom. Journal of LGBT Youth, 6(2), 135-154.
- Meyer, E. (2008) Who we are matters: Exploring teacher identities through found poetry. LEARNing Landscapes. 1(3), 195-210.
- Meyer, E. (2008) Gendered harassment in secondary schools: Understanding teachers’ (non)interventions. Gender and Education 20(6), 555-570.
- Meyer, E. (2008) A feminist reframing of bullying and harassment: Transforming schools through critical pedagogy. McGill Journal of Education 43 (1), 33-48. see CV for Book sections and edited books
- EDUC 300 Intro to Teaching Profession
- EDUC 410 Social, Historical, and Ethical Perspectives on Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 412 Access to Learning in a Pluralistic Society
- WGS 301 Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies