- 2016 Ph.D. Education, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2007 M.Ed. Education, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2005 B.A. Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2002 A.A. Rio Hondo Community College
- Social justice pedagogy and teaching
- Critical pedagogy
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Critical qualitative research
- Critical inquiry group research
- Youth participatory action research
- Navarro, O., & Howard, T.C. (In Press). A Critical Race Theory Analysis of Social Studies: Research, Theory, & Practice in M. Manfra & C. Bolick (Eds.) The Handbook of Social Studies Research. USA: Wiley
- Howard, T.C., & Navarro, O. (2016). Critical Race Theory: 20 years later. What Have We Learned? Urban Education, 1, 1-21.
- Philip, T.M., Way, W., Garcia, A.D., Schuler-Brown, S., & Navarro, O. (2013). When Educators Attempt to Make “Community” a Part of Classroom Learning: The Dangers of (Mis)appropriating Students’ Communities into Schools. Teaching and Teacher Education, 34, 174-183.
- EDUC 412: Access to Learning in a Pluralistic Society