Special Education Program Completion Requirements
Applying for a Credential
The following items must be successfully completed before the candidate will be eligible for recommendation of their credential:
- Complete M. A. in Education/Education Specialist Mild Moderate Program (MA/SPED) coursework and clinical practice in schools and family homes.
- Complete state licensure requirement coursework
- KINE 443 - Health Education or approved equivalent (4 units)
- CPR Certification (must include Infant, child, and adult training; online CPR certification is not acceptable).
- POLS 112 - American & California Government, equivalent or U.S. Constitution exam offered by Cuesta College. (Applicants who earned their bachelor's degrees at a CSU Campus will have met this requirement by virtue of their degree).
- Passage of the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA)
- Pass the Comprehensive Examination
- Complete the Inquiry Project
- Submit a request for credential to the Credential Office (02-120) in the SOE no sooner than the eigth week of Spring Quarter.
- Complete the SOE Exit Survey. You will need to print out a copy of the last page of the survey and submit it to the Credential Office (02-120) when you submit your request for the credential.
- Submit a Request for Graduation Evaluation (to be completed in class and submitted by the Credential Office)